December 2016 Trade Shows
December 2016 trade shows in the U.S.
From nutritional, medical and dental conferences to environmental awareness expos, December is a busy month for trade shows. If you're looking to attend or exhibit at a show this winter, review this list of upcoming conferences to find one that suits your industry. We’ve provided important details you may need to know to begin planning your trip, including information on how to make hotel reservations.
Top December trade shows
ACTE CareerTech Vision: CTE professionals are preparing for the Association for Career & Technical Education’s CareerTech Vision expo, held this year in Las Vegas from Nov. 30-Dec. 3. The event features hundreds of exhibits and workshops that will provide educators a chance to learn of new products and gain knowledge on advancing their students’ path to success.
Accommodations: Discounted hotel rates have been secured for a number of area hotels, but are available on a limited basis. Click here to make your reservations.
AAOMS Dental Implant Conference: Oral surgeons and surgical assistants looking to expand their knowledge in implant dentistry should attend the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons’ Dental Implant Conference, slated for Dec. 1-3 in Chicago. Attendees will get to meet and network with others in the profession, learn about new products and hear from industry experts.
Accommodations: The conference has secured special room-block rates for attendees at the Sheraton Grand Hotel in Chicago, which is the host hotel, and at the overflow hotel, the Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park hotel. Contact AAOMS Meeting Services at 800-822-6637, ext. 4322, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST for questions about accommodations.
Southeast Natural Products Association – SOHO Expo: Nutritionists, educators, farmers, retailers, buyers and manufacturers of organic produce and others in the natural products industry are planning for this year’s SOHO Expo, slated for Dec. 1-4 in Kissimmee, Florida. Whether you’re an attendee or exhibitor, the SOHO Expo will provide access to a number of natural products, networking opportunities and educational seminars.
Accommodations: Reduced room rates are in place at the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, the host hotel, for conference attendees. Make your reservations online, or contact the hotel and mention that you’re booking at the SOHO Expo rate, at 877-382-7299.
58th ASH Annual Meeting: Hematologists and others in the field of blood study may want to consider attending the American Society of Hematology’s annual meeting, scheduled for Dec. 3-6 in San Diego. Attendees will meet with experts to learn of the latest research and technology to improve clinical management skills and overall patient care.
Accommodations: Hotel rates have been reserved for a number of San Diego hotels on a limited basis. To receive the special rate, reservations must be made through the ASH Housing Center no later than Nov. 2. For information on how to make reservations, contact the ASH Housing Center at 888-273-5704 in the U.S., at 001-703-449-6418 for international callers, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP) Annual Convention: Those in equestrian medicine are preparing for the AAEP Annual Convention, which is scheduled for Dec. 3-7 in Orlando, Florida. The event will emphasize the improvement of veterinary care of horses and provide attendees a chance to explore new advancements in equine medicine.
Accommodations: The conference has secured hotel rates for a number of Orlando hotels through its housing partner Experient. To make your reservation, click here.
ICSC New York National Conference and Deal Making: Retail owners, real estate developers, municipalities and Realtors should make plans to attend the International Council of Shopping Centers’ New York National Conference and Deal Making expo, set for Dec. 5-6 in New York City. The conference allows attendees to network with others in the industry, learn of new selling strategies and attend workshops.
Accommodations: Hotel discounts have been reserved through the conference’s housing partner onPeak. Contact onPeak here to reserve your stay.
Solar Canada 2016 Conference & Exposition: Government municipalities and consumers who rely on renewable, solar energy to power their homes, businesses or populations should make plans to attend the Solar Canada 2016 Conference & Exposition. Held this year from Dec. 5-6 in Toronto, those who attend will have access to solar energy professionals who will provide educational seminars and give knowledge on new products and best practices.
Accommodations: Discounted hotel room rates are available at the conference’s official hotel, the InterContinental Toronto Centre in downtown Toronto. Book your stay online, or call 800-235-4670 and specify you want the Solar Canada negotiated rates when making your reservation.
BIOMEDevice Expo 2016: Medical technology professionals are making plans to attend the annual BIOMEDevice event Dec. 7-8 in San Jose, California. While at the conference, attendees will take part in training exercises, learn of new industry trends and discover new products.
Accommodations: The conference housing provider, onPeak, has negotiated discounted rates for a number of San Jose hotels. Book early to avoid a sellout.
PRI Trade Show: Those with an interest in the motorsports industry and networking opportunities with racing professionals should look into attending the Performance Racing Industry’s PRI Trade Show, which will take place Dec. 8-10 in Indianapolis. Attendees and exhibitors in the business of auto racing will have an opportunity to get in front of their customers and peers in an effort to expand their business and their market.
Accommodations: Discounted rates at a number of downtown hotels have been secured, but rooms are going fast. If you’re attending, it’s recommended to reserve early to avoid a sellout. Book online or call 949-499-2044 or 866-635-6600 to make your reservation.
Power Generation Week: Power and renewable energy representatives from both the public and private sectors should make plans to attend Power-Gen International Week Dec. 11-15 in Orlando. The event connects suppliers to marketplace experts, offers educational workshops, and gives attendees a chance to learn about new products and services.
Accommodations: Special conference hotel room discounts are available until Nov. 8. Book early to avoid a sellout. Hotel blocks are also available upon request. Make reservations online, or call 888-763-7236 within the U.S. or 310-906-3847 internationally.
The Midwest Clinic International Band, Orchestra and Music Conference: The Midwest Clinic International Band, Orchestra and Music Conference is scheduled for Dec. 14-17 in Chicago. The conference features educational seminars, networking opportunities, and breakout clinics and rehearsal labs.
Accommodations: The registration period is open through Dec. 2. Reduced housing rates have been secured for a number of downtown Chicago hotels, but rooms are selling out fast. Make reservations online though the event website.
Other shows in December
If you’re still looking to attend a show that we didn’t mention, here are some other shows in December that may interest you.
- World Congress on Insulin Resistance, Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease: Dec. 1-3, Los Angeles.
- African Studies Association Annual Meeting: Dec. 1-3, Washington, D.C.
- American Epilepsy Society Annual Meeting: Dec. 2-6, Houston.
- Abilities Expo – D.C. Metro: Dec. 2-4, Washington, D.C.
- National Council for the Social Studies – NCSS: Dec. 2-4, Washington, D.C.
- Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Commission on Colleges: Dec. 3-6, Atlanta.
- American Society for Cell Biology Doorstep Meeting: Dec. 3-7, San Francisco.
- USENIX LISA Conference 2016 (Large Installation System Administration Conference): Dec. 4-9, Boston.
- Self-Help Counties Coalition Focus on the Future Conference: Dec. 4-6, Hollywood.
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Midyear Clinical Meeting & Exhibition: Dec. 4-8, Las Vegas.
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s National Forum on Quality Improvement in Health Care: Dec. 4-7, Orlando.
- Construction SuperConference: Dec. 5-7, Las Vegas.
- International Council of Air Shows Annual Conference: Dec. 5-8, Las Vegas.
- National Agricultural Aviation Association Annual Conference: Dec. 5-8, Long Beach, Calif.
- Visual Studio Live Orlando 2016: Dec. 5-9, Orlando.
- Investment Management Consultants Association Winter Institute: Dec. 5-6, Phoenix.
- American Exploration & Mining Association Annual Meeting: Dec. 5-9, Reno, Nev.
- Armed Forces Communication and Electronics Association Alamo Chapter ACE Annual Meeting: Dec. 5-8, San Antonio.
- International Association of Exhibitions & Events Expo! Expo! 2016: Dec. 6-8, Anaheim, Calif.
- Great Lakes Fruit, Vegetable and Farm Market Expo 2016: Dec. 6-8, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- NGWA Groundwater Expo 2016 (National Groundwater Association): Dec. 6-8, Las Vegas.
- San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium 2016: Dec. 6-10, San Antonio.
- Embedded Systems Conference: Dec. 6-8, in San Jose, Calif.
- Orthopaedic Summit 2016: Dec. 7-10, Las Vegas.
- Louisiana Association of Computer Using Educators (LACUE) Annual Meeting: Dec. 7-9, New Orleans.
- R.E. Retail Design Collective (Association for Retail Environments): Dec. 7-9, New York City.
- Small Business Expo: Dec. 8, Atlanta.
- Massachusetts Conference for Women: Dec. 8, Boston.
- Pri-Med East Annual Conference: Dec. 8-11, Boston.
- American Dental Congress: Dec. 8-10, Phoenix.
- CVC West 2016 (Veterinary Continuing Education): Dec. 8-11, San Diego.
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M) Annual World Congress: Dec. 9-11, Las Vegas.
- International Drone Expo: Dec. 9-10, Los Angeles.
- Postgraduate Assembly in Anesthesiology: Dec. 9-13, New York City.
- National Grain & Feed Association Country Elevator Conference & Trade Show: Dec. 11-13, Chicago.
- Antibody Engineering & Therapeutics Conference: Dec. 11-15, San Diego.
- Connected Health Conference: Dec. 11-14, Washington, D.C.
- International Maintenance Conference: Dec. 12-16, Bonita Springs, Fla.
- E-Courts Conference 2016: Dec. 12-14, Las Vegas.
- Travel Industry Exchange 2016: Dec. 13-15, San Diego.
- Current Concepts in Joint Replacement Winter Meeting: Dec. 14-17, Orlando.
Shipping your trade show booth with ABF Freight
If you’re a trade show exhibitor and are looking to ship your booth and trade show materials to an upcoming show, let ABF Freight® help. Along with professional handling of all of your materials, you’ll get access to online tracking and be provided with complete pickup and delivery services at any location. Expedited shipping options are available to help meet your time-critical shipping needs.
If we’re the official carrier of the show you’re attending, you’ll also be provided a single-source trade show specialist who will personally manage your shipping needs from start to finish.
For more information about trade show shipments, call 844-560-2527 or email Trade Show Customer Service.